The bonus just increased, for a limited-time, on the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® to an all-time high 50,000 miles (worth $500 of flexible travel!).
This is one of our favorite travel cards as the program is incredibly easy to understand and the miles are so easy to actually redeem. All you do is use this credit card to pay for your regular travel expenses (hotel, airfare, rental car, trains, etc.) and afterwards you log into your Barclaycard account and redeem the miles for a travel statement credit that lowers your credit card bill.
Simple as that!
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days — that’s enough to redeem for a $500 travel statement credit
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Annual fee: $89 – waived the first year
Each point is worth 1 cent towards a travel statement credit, so the total value equals:
- $500 for 50,000 bonus points
- $60 for the 6,000 miles you earn on your $3,000 spending ($3,000 x 2 = 6,000 miles)
- $28 for the 5% miles Barclaycard gives you back towards your next redemption (every time you redeem)
- $588 Total Value
These miles are easy to understand, there are no blackout dates, and the $588 total value is BIG given how flexible these miles are!
According to the card’s FAQ page, a travel redemption is defined as part of these categories (according to their “merchant category code”):
- car rental agencies
- cruise lines
- travel agencies
- discount travel sites
So anything that fits in those categories counts as “travel” for this credit card. How’s that for flexible and easy to redeem!
And it goes without saying that there are no pesky “blackout dates” to deal with since you are simply paying for your normal travel with this card and using your miles after the fact.
Just book your regular travel through the airline, hotel, car rental agency, etc. and pay for it with your Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® and then redeem your bonus miles for a statement credit. Your credit card bill will be reduced as easy as that.