Open the #1 Travel Credit Card
Our readers know that we recently discovered how to book Walt Disney World tickets using Chase Ultimate Rewards by calling their cruise department (see the guide here). However, right now it looks this method no longer works, according to numerous data points on Reddit. You probably shouldn’t panic if you were counting on UR to book your tickets, as the news isn’t as bad as it seems at first glance. Chase is totally overhauling its rewards system, and hopefully this is just related to those changes. However, this is still in flux. Here’s what we know at this point:
- Beginning on or around September 14, numerous Reddit users reported that when they called the Chase cruise department, they were no longer able to purchase WDW tickets.
- Chase is changing its travel booking portals. Right now, the Chase Freedom portal has switched over to the Expedia-based portal. This new partnership with Expedia has been touted as giving many new options for redemptions.
- The Freedom portal DOES offer Walt Disney World tickets. So worst-case scenario, you can transfer your UR to your Freedom card and make a redemption at a 1c/pt ratio.
- The Chase Sapphire travel portal has not yet switched over to the Expedia-based model.
- It’s unclear exactly when the Sapphire portal will switch over and if it will also offer WDW tickets.
- The future is promising, because it’s possible (likely, even) that the Sapphire portal will offer tickets once it switches to the new format OR that this is just a short-term glitch or unexpected issue that will be resolved soon. One redditor also reported a potential system change on the Disney side of things, which could be an explanation.