This is our ever-growing list of recommendations, both locally here in Richmond, VA and on the internet:
- Fidelity.com – We have our Roth IRAs here and some regular taxable mutual funds. The selection of lost-cost mutual funds and ETFs is fantastic as well as top-notch customer service.
- LendingClub.com – A great way to diversify your investments. One of the two big P2P lending platforms in the US. Peer-to-Peer lending is becoming increasingly accepted as a fairly low-risk way to ramp up your investment returns.
- Prosper.com – The 2nd major P2P lending platform in the US – Prosper has a long standing reputation of quality and the returns are potentially significant.
- CapCenter.com – We’ve used them multiple times to refinance our mortgage and they make the process simple, stress-free, and most importantly, there really are no closing costs! It isn’t a gimmick — you pay nothing.
- Midas of Richmond. Mark Smith, the owner of the local Richmond Midas locations, is an incredible humanitarian. His tireless work with Virginia Blood Services and the Central Virginia Food Bank is quite amazing. Each year he offers at least four blood drives at his Midas locations. If you give blood you get a coupon for a free oil change. Give blood twice or more in a year and each time you’ll get an additional service like a tire rotation or wiper blades absolutely free (plus another free oil change). Save lives and save money — it’s a win-win all around.